More Than Words is an initiative of the United Way of Whitewater Valley which seeks to bring together schools, businesses, and community organizations around the common language of a value word and application every month.
Every August he focus on the Big 3, our main focus for More Than Words. We strive to treat others right, make smart decisions and maximize our potential. Imagine for a moment a community where these three things happened:
Treat others right:
- What if we gave others the benefit of the doubt, knowing that they, too, feel anxiety and worry over the lasting effects of the pandemic?
- What if we sought to set aside ourselves and consider other points of view before speaking?
- What if we actively encouraged one another as leaders?
Make smart decisions:
- What if we acted each moment as if someone was watching our behaviors and learning from them, be it a child, coworker, or friend? (Spoiler alert: they are.)
- What if we intentionally spoke to young people about the mistakes we've made to help them see failure not as a weakness but as a moment of growth?
- What if we looked for ways to think collaboratively about big decisions upcoming?
Maximize your potential:
- What if we believed as a community that our best days are yet to come?
- What if we chose to spend some of our time each day learning something new, unrelated to our chosen career?
- What if we valued our own (and our families') mental health as a high priority for the next six months?
Each bubble holds all the files needed to learn and grow in this months word. This month, schools please email email@example.com to sign up for the whole curriculum.