United Way of Whitewater Valley 2016-2017 Formal Grant
United Way of Whitewater Valley is sharpening its focus by addressing key issues to create positive lasting change in the lives of Wayne and Union County residents. We are focused in making strategic choices, which is critical, because needs are growing faster than resources. Together with community partners, we will concentrate our efforts on pressing issues defined by the community.
Following the Community Voices Assessment, which was completed in 2008, the United Way and its partners identified four main areas of focus that were of greatest concern. Those four areas are: Education, Youth & Families, Health, and Community Vitality. To lead the work in each of these areas, United Way created Vision Councils. The Vision Councils are comprised of strategically recruited members who have expertise or an identified skill set beneficial to the target issues of the Vision Council. Members are local experts on the issue, direct service providers, community representatives, and include representation from the United Way Board of Directors.
Please click on the link below to access Vision Council objectives and strategies.
As part of our process for determining who would move forward to the formal grant application, each Vision Council met to review and evaluate the Letters of Inquiry (LOI) that were submitted by those organizations wishing to apply for funding. There were many commendable efforts and programs presented, with a record number of submissions. The decision-making process was difficult with many worthwhile organizations vying for a limited amount of grant dollars. Below, you will find the link to the formal grant application for those organizations who have been invited to apply for funding. Please keep in mind the following information:
- YOU MUST FILL OUT ONLINE DOCUMENT TO SUBMIT APPLICATION, AS WELL AS EMAIL REQUESTED INFORMATION.
- *ONLINE SUBMISSION, AND REQUESTED EMAIL INFORMATION IS DUE BY JANUARY 20th , 2017 by 5:00p.m.
- All questions must be answered in order to be considered for funding.
- Submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee funding, nor does it guarantee funding full requested amounts.
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE GRANT
- There are 6 sections to this grant application.
- There are 39 questions on this grant application (38 questions and one extra step of emailing Tax Return to United Way office).
- Once your grant has been submitted online, you will receive a confirmation and pdf of your submitted answers within 24- hours.
- Once you have submitted your Tax Return (question 39) via email to email@example.com you will receive a confirmation within 24- hours that you have completed your formal grant application.
- If a Vision Council requests to meet with you, you will receive either an email or phone call from Amber Willeford to set up the time and date of the meeting.
- Organizations applying for funding will receive notification of grant awards or decline in April 2017.
- Grants are awarded for a single year only.
- If you have questions or comments regarding the process, you may contact the United Way office.
Comments are closed